Free CU Retro Vintage Layer Styles and Fonts to Use Them With


I'm working on a poster and have been playing around with some blending options with photo shop. Some folks may find the layer styles useful, so I figured they were worth a share. The textures used to make the patterns are a new freebie from FudgeGraphics, and the free fonts follow the vintage retro text effects preview. Keep in mind that these files are a "sandbox" of sorts and in rough draft stage. I'm sure that some will still appreciate them.

They have a wood type, stamped, faded, worn out grunge sort of feel to them. I'll likely make some different patterns too, as this was my first try.

These styles are for very very large 300 DPI image with large text. I didn't have time to package them up in a smaller styles version.

free vintage letterpress photoshop layer styles block type


This file contains 2 large PSD




To see what the darker patterns poster image look like, click here.





Now for the Fonts

In response to the comic sans story and in defense of free fonts:

12 comments :

  1. Hey! These are really nice! I had to try them out, so, I typed the name of your site(Chunk 5) and played with the effects. I like the styles better, since there are several ways to adjust, if needed. But, the patterns work best for a quick job. Also, they look nice over another color!
    Thank you, Su! I sure do appreciate this!
    Hope all is well with you and yours!

    Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add, too, that I got a kick out of the Comic Sans' piece. LOL That was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks! I'll probably do a version of these styles for lower res/smaller files at some point and add some different texture backgrounds too.

    ::cheers::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw Su, I forgot about Chunk 5. That is a super nice font, and would be a good one to add to this list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I especially love the fonts! I'd love for you to link up to my new linky party:

    Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Sep. 20, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks you so much! So usefull

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are neat. Thanks so much. Additionally, thanks so much for the link to the font and especially for indicating which ones are cu and which are puo. You taking the time to do that has saved me time which I am very thankful for!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete